CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cleaning Duty

With a new baby in the house, I have let cleaning become an after thought.  My house has become an unorganized, surface cleaned, cluster of a mess and it stays that way 95% of the time.  I am done living in the mess!  I tend to get overwhelmed if I try to do it all in one day and then I only do a very small part.





SO, I am starting a new section of my blog that I am calling "Cleaning Duty" and I am going to hold myself accountable to clean something every single day.  Whether it is a bathroom, the living room, the kitchen, vaccuming, dusting, mopping, etc.  I am going to do a little at a time and try to do something everyday.  I am hoping that this will help keep me motivated and accountable.



Any tips on keeping a clean and organized house would be great. 

Do you clean everyday or once a week?
What is your favorite cleaner for bathrooms or kitchens?
What is your best tip for keeping papers organized?

2 comments:

Kristi@living-blessed-life said...

I will jump on board with you!!!! You know i'm not an organized person, but if things are all crazy I feel overwhelmed. Organization does NOT come easy to me. I made myself a chart, and one for Seth so that I can visually see my progress. (and so can John) I feel that if someone is looking at what I did-or didn't do-i'll be more motivated. I took a week of picking one room at a time to do heavy cleaning. Then the weeks after that I put myself on a time chart. I also outlawed ALL toys from any room except the playroom or their bedroom. They have to have special permission now to bring toys out. I made one day my laundry day (Wednesday) and I try really hard to get everything done that night because it starts the day so much better. I talked to John about helping me stay organized and we all spend 30min before bed getting things back in place. Seth now sets/clears the table, I cook, wash dishes, John dries and puts them up. Its really helped us out a lot. Hope some of that helps :)

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

I feel ya on this one! I've been trying to do a little everyday so it doesn't pile up and become overwhelming, which I don't always do :) BUT, if I can keep myself to it, it works best when each day is given a few tasks. Like Kristi said, it is also easier when I get it all done before bed (that I am planning on doing), so I wake up without a thousand things staring at me! I can't wait to see what all you write about with cleaning, I am constantly trying to better myself in that area!

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30