CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

SWEET DREAMS

I DID IT!!

I made my very first creative craft from start to finish!  I am not only excited, I am very proud of myself.  I really never thought I had a creative bone in my body, but it turns out that I do, it just needs to be inspired.

I have become totally inspired by the seriously amazing craft blogs out there.  Here are a few of my favs:

Tidbits from the Treymayne's - She is a freakin riot to read, and does big time home makeover's (like with a power saw and wood (WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE))

I am momma-She has a little bit of everything on her blog.

Ok enough of everyone else, back to me!  I told my mom last week that I wanted crafty stuff because I have become inspired.  SO my wonderful mom went through all her old stuff (old being 1980 something) and gave a lot of it to me.  I wasn't impressed, but I thought at least I have somewhere to start.  She gave me some fabric paint, iron on transfers and stencils.

Today inspiration hit me!  I used an old pillow cover and an ice cream iron on transfer and went to work!  This is the start:

Only one of the ice creams transferred onto the pillow case and it only worked really good the first time (I told you it was old).  I used the fabric paint and some stencils and it ended up like this:




I did learn that I am not patient enough, and I need to let the paint dry before adding details and such, but I think it looks decent for my first try at doing anything crafty.  SO drum roll please   .....................................................................................



The finished product!  What do you think??

1 comments:

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Good job Tiff! Keep at it, it gets easier, I promise!

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30