CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leprechaun Brunch

Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone!!
I hope everyone is in a green mood today!!
I promised Maddi that I would make green eggs and ham for breakfast,
but after a quick doctor's appt for Mr. B, it ended up being brunch.
But to make up for it,
I added in green pancakes!
A true leprechaun brunch!

Start by gathering your ingredients for the pancakes.
Flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, an egg, milk, pinch of salt, applesauce, and of course green food coloring.
*I make homemade pancake mix, you could certainly use a premade mix!
*I also use applesauce instead of oil or butter.
I mix together the dry ingredients.
Then add in the wet ingredients except the egg.
I have found it is much easier to beat the egg in a separate bowl first and then add it to the mix.
I also add some ground cinnamon to my mix (not pictured)
Next I added in a few drops of food coloring and mixed that in.
After I have thoroughly mixed all the ingredients, I make the pancakes on a preheated griddle.
*You could easily use a preheated pan.
 Flip over pancakes when the edges start browning.
*There is no real tip for this, it just takes some trial and error to figure it out.
 After I finished the pancakes, I started my eggs.
I whipped up 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites.
 I added in a drop or two of food coloring to the eggs.
For the ham, I just took regular lunch meat, chopped it up and cooked it in a pan on medium high heat for a few minutes.
*I like to cook the ham first separate from the eggs to get a little sear on them.  To me the ham is too rubbery if I just add it straight to the eggs.
*I have also used turkey lunch meat.
I mixed the eggs and the ham and then put them on the griddle since it was already hot to scramble them.
*I will never do this again!  It was way too messy for me, I will stick with a pan.
Lastly I added in some shredded cheese.
 The finished plates.
*Excuse the pancake batter droppings.
 Our leprechaun brunch will hopefully bring us good luck for the rest of the day!

What did you do special for St. Patty's Day??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30