CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fur and Sparkles

I wanted to make something super cute for my girls to hang on their walls.  I was at Micheal's and I ran across this glitter scrapbook paper!  Could it be any more perfect??


I started with Ella's.  I found these cute black block letter stickers, I didn't want them black, so I decided to paint them.  I stuck them onto cardboard, so I wouldn't have to worry about making a mess, and painted them purple. 


While the letter were drying, I started hot gluing some ribbon around the edges.  Hot glue has become my favorite crafting tool so far :)

After I positioned the letters where I wanted them, I Mod Podged them onto the paper.  After I let that dry, I used some paint and stencils to add a little flair.


Lastly, to make it just a bit more girly, I hot glued some fur onto the back so I could hang the picture onto the wall.

 

I didn't take pictures of Maddi's step by step, because I did it the exact same as Ella's (just different colors).  I love pink and brown together. 

The finished products!!  We hung them above their beds!!


I am in love with fur and sparkly paper!

What do you think??

5 comments:

Angela said...

This is too cute!

Unknown said...

I think your children are very blessed to have a great Mum who realises what would make them happy, and I'd love all the things too! :0)

BL said...

These are so cute, they turned out perfect! I'm glad you ended up doing the craft, I know you've thinking on that for a while =0)

Unknown said...

Cute! I love the honesty in your "About Me" it is refreshing. My oldest just left home so I am finally having the time to figure out the "What I want to be when I grow up question." I wouldn't trade those years for anything!!

Yvonne said...

I can see your new blog look now ;) and i love it! :) These crafts looked super cute hanging above their beds when I saw them last week!

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30