CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Can a Mommy be SEXY??

This is me, no makeup

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time switching from "mom" mode to "wife" mode for my hubby.  After a long day of diaper changes, baby food, house cleaning, cooking (the list could go on and on), I don't really feel like transforming into the sexy wife my hubby deserves.  I am lucky if I shower, much less put on makeup or perfume.  I tend to stay in PJ's all day, hair in a pony, and I never go near my makeup. 

We watch a lot of reality tv, and I love how put together the women always are.  Even though it is probably only when the cameras are rolling, they have full makeup, hair done, outfits, heels, the works.  Last night, I saw Jacqueline from RHONJ cleaning up her playroom in her heels.  Does she really do this when there are no cameras around?  I am not sure.  Did she look great cleaning up?  You bet she did.

I know that I have let myself go since we have been married for 6 years.  I have put on weight, I have stopped dressing up, I have stopped trying.  My self-confidence is down, and I feel so unsexy.  Is this what my hubby deserves?  Not at all.  Does he tolerate it?  Yes he does.  I want my hubby to find me sexy, I want him to find it hard to keep his hands off me, I want him to think about me at work, I want him...to WANT me! 

He works so hard for our family, and I feel that he deserves the best of me.  I feel better about myself when I put on makeup, jewelry, perfume, and heels.  I even feel better about myself putting on lingerie instead of sweat pants.  So why don't I do this on a daily basis?  Laziness, I guess.

I am making a commitment to myself, to get out of my jammies, put on makeup, accessorize, the whole works for a week.  I am going to work out in the AM, shower when Brayden is napping, then get ready for my day. 

I know this will be hard but I know that it will make me feel better about myself.  I am going to take pictures to post next week! 

I would love it if you would join me on this adventure!  We can boost our self esteem, and our relationships!  Who's with me??? 

We can do this ladies!!! 
Take pictures this week, and link up with me next week for my SEXY LADIES post!!
This was Mother's Day, the last time I tried to dress up

3 comments:

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Such a great idea Tiff! I did this a while back, I got up early, got dressed (even if I didn't shower.....you know how I am about showering!) and ready like I had somewhere to go and someone to impress. It made such a HUGE difference in my day. It was crazy! I can't wait to see your following posts!!

Kim Airhart said...

I see a lot of myself in your writings. I usually stay in my sweats all day long and I am lucky if I get a shower everyday. I feel better about myself when I get ready and put on makeup but I am lazy about it too.
I watch a lot of reality TV and I saw that episode of the RHONJ and the funny thing is I thought the same thing. Lol. Did you see Teresa's bathroom?

The GlobeTrotting Exec said...

The Globetrotting Executive from FTLOB.
Juggling motherhood and sexiness - a real uphill task!

You know the TV moms are just doing it for the camera! It's their job to look good - well, that's how I console myself!

You're doing a fab job with your blog.

You look really happy in the Mother's Day photo and at the end of the day, isn't that what we all want to be - Happy?

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30