CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We were Austin Bound....

Every year, Carino's holds a softball tourney in the Austin area and my hubby and I have gone for the past several years.  My mom has normally kept our kiddos, but I was worried this year, now that we have 3 (1 who tends to not sleep through the night (Ella LOL)), that she wouldn't want to keep them for us.  But I asked her WAY in advance, and have been planning our night away as soon as she said yes! 

It is so necessary that my hubby and I get away together, even if it is for one night.  We tend to only get a few hours together at night after the little ones go to bed, and that normally entails staying up way too late to hang out and then regretting that decision when the alarm starts going off in the morning.  Those hours come only if he is working in the AM, if he is working a PM shift, I am in bed before he gets home!  

It is also necessary that I get some ME time in there somewhere.  This normally comes as soon as we check in to the hotel, and this year was no different.  My first and favorite thing to do is shower!  It recharges my batteries after a 3 1/2 hour drive plus it is heaven to be able to take a full shower with out a little one walking in on you or worrying about the baby waking up in the middle and screaming till I can get out.  I LOVE that time to myself!  

This year, the Mavs are in the finals, so I showered then we met everyone for dinner and drinks at BWW (Buffalo Wild Wings).  It was a blast!  I made the men sit at one end of the table, and the women sat at the other.  I was there to have fun, and I knew the men would start talking about work and I did not want to be apart of those conversations!!

After BWW, we headed back to the hotel to enjoy the rest of the night by the pool with cold beers in our hands till 1 AM.  Lots of funny things happened, too many for me to write out, just know that we had a BLAST!  

Marco and I ended up not getting the "alone" night that I was originally wanting, but being there with everyone, which included one of my very best friends (13 years in the making), was much more fun!

Bright and early Monday morning the tourney starts with the first pitch being thrown out before 8 am.  This year I did not play, so I was able to sleep in a little and ride with a couple other wives.  The tourney consists of teams made up by the different areas.  There was 2 teams from the DFW area, 1 team from the Valley, 1 team from San Antonio, etc.  Every year the best team is with out fail, the Home Office team.  They have been playing together for several years, and normally get in lots of practice time before hand.  This year was no different as they were there to dominate!  The DFW teams never do very well, and my hubby is determined to hand pick a team next year, so that they might win a game.  We headed home Monday afternoon after the 2nd DFW team lost their 2nd game.

It was so nice to get away, even for just one night.  We needed a stress free/kid free night, and we got exactly that.  So, a HUGE thank you to my mom for keeping the kiddos!!  I am so ready to do it again next year!

*Sorry there are no pictures, I just never got out my camera*

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

SO glad you got time away... Lord knows you deserve it!!! Sounds like you had a blast!!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a great time! I have taken my peaceful showers for granted until now, lol

Ann Jones said...

New follower from the get wired wednesday blog hop, have a great rest of your week! You can find me at
http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

Grandma Bonnie said...

New follower from the blog hop.
Hope you follow back.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30