CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Our Christmas 2013 Part 1

This post is a "better late than never" kinda post.  I am just now writing about our Christmas.  I am probably the world's worst blogger!  Most bloggers are already writing about Valentine's Day and I am still in 2013.  Oh well.

Our Christmas was amazing, to say the least.  We decided to go to Dallas, which is HUGE for me.  Since we have moved so much the past few years, I had decided for Christmas, we would always stay home.  If the family wanted to see us, they could come to us because:
  • I didn't like the idea of the kids not being at home for Christmas Eve.
  • I didn't like figuring out how to squeeze in Christmas around Marco's work schedule.
  • I didn't like loading up the car with Santa goodies, the kids presents, and the family's presents, plus all the packing for all the kids.
  • I didn't like trying to pack the car after Christmas for the drive home.
P.S. I made the rule when I only had the older girls.  Gah, I thought it was work then!  That would be a breeze now.

But my family always understood, and they came to us.  It was much easier when we lived closer, but last year was our first year being 6 hours away in Lubbock.  We had an amazing Christmas just our little family, but that was it.  It was just us.  No one visited Christmas Eve, no one was here Christmas day.

When Marco and I first talked about going to Dallas for Christmas, I was really stressed.  Actually I was really stressed till I was about 1/2 way home (home being Dallas), then I was just excited.  The stress was money, the baby's first long car ride, do I leave a few days before Marco and get more time with friends and family or do we drive in together for just a few days, and packing.  Packing for the big kids and I is easy at this point but I was very worried that I would forget something for the baby. 

But money worked out, I left Friday when the kids got out of school and Marco flew in on Monday night, the baby did amazing on the ride down there when it was just me and the kids, and I made a list for packing (a very long and detailed list).  I made sure I had everything of necessity for Paisley, but of course I could have packed more.  I missed her boppy and baby tub, but they weren't overly necessary.  I nursed with pillows and she bathed (unhappily) in the big tub.

 

I got the girls out of school early and drove in Friday to my dad's loaded down with all the kids, 3 small and 1 large suitcase, Santa's goodies in a very large bag, the presents for the family, the dogs and their kennel. 
I wonder how amazing it would be to be my husband and have ZERO responsibility for 2 1/2 days, no dogs, no kids, no wife.  I wonder if I will ever get that chance?

We made great time, only stopping in Abeline (1/2 way) to stretch our legs, eat, and get Paisley out of her carseat and feed her.  We drove straight to my mom's in Mesquite to drop off the dogs and chat for a few minutes and then we headed to my dad's house in Forney.
 
My dad has recently moved and his new house was perfect for the 3 big kids.  They had plenty of room to watch a movie and run and be wild upstairs and get their "we just sat in the car for 6+ hours" crazies out before bed.
 

The next morning I was supposed to meet a friend from Sherman for lunch and let the kids play while we caught up, but the weather was terrible.  She was having freezing rain and it was pouring at my dads.  We both agreed that it was just too much trouble.  I am still sad that we didn't get the chance to meet up and that she still hasn't met Paisley.  Better safe than sorry.  And hopefully she will be coming to Lubbock soon.

Not getting out Saturday morning, meant the kids and I were able to enjoy a rainy morning (which we don't get in Lubbock) and just watch cartoons and hang out with my step mom.  Once the rain cleared up, we repacked smaller bags, and the kids and I headed to my brother and sister in law's house.  We had an early dinner, watched movies, and the big kids wrestled with my brother while Melissa got in some Paisley snuggles.

Be back tomorrow with Part 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30