CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Early to rise

I have never ever been one to get up early if I didn't absolutely have to. And I mean never. I was cranky waking up at a normal time, I am not about waking up any earlier. Well 2 other moms and I made a pact to walk at 6 in the morning, I know, AM. As excited as I was about slowly getting back into a workout routine, I was not happy about 6 am. I thought, I need to come up with some excuses quick. And I couldn't, I couldn't think of one excuse. So before the crack of dawn Monday morning, I rose out of bed at 5:40 am thinking this is not going to be worth it. I drove to the park thinking I should have called and told them I was not going to make it, but I did make it. We walked for an hour in the dark (I don't know if you are aware, but the sun is not up that early) and in the cold. But it was invigorating, and awesome to watch the sun rise as we were finishing up. The cold kept us moving and the conversation was awesome. Even better it was just girl time. We were not pushing our kids in strollers or walking with husbands that would rather be somewhere else, it was just the 3 of us, walking and talking. We made it almost 3 miles on our first try!! Last night I went to bed thinking there is no way I can do that again, but surprisingly when my alarm went off, I was ready to get up and get going. It was just Kristi and I this morning and it was colder, but we made it almost 3.4 miles!!
It is crazy to think that I am getting up early and starting my day off with exercise, but I am loving it. I feel more energetic, ready for the day, and unrushed to get the girls up and get ready for work. So I guess this begins my journey of early morning walking. I guess the old saying "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise" just may start working in my favor soon. Who knew??

1 comments:

Brittney Castleberry said...

YAY! I'm so glad you're loving your workout, that's awesome! You're totally motivating me, thanks, love!!

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30