CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

The past 3 weeks

Brayden James is 3 weeks old, and what a ride it has been so far. He is a great baby!

He loves his sleep!! During the day he will sleep anywhere I put him. Whether that is in his car seat, on a pillow on the couch, in my bed, or in the pack and play. At night, he wants to be next to mom, so for now is he sleeping with me. It is easier to have him with me, than to be up and down all night trying to get him to stay asleep by himself.

His jaundice is finally going away, and we are returning to a normal color. Having jaundice wasn't the hard part, it was having to get his blood drawn 4 different times to test his bilirubin levels. Now that the yellowing is going away, he has great color, and I hope he turns out to be darker like his daddy.

We had some issues with him latching on, and that has slowly gotten better. I was pumping all day everyday to feed him, and getting frustrated because I felt like a milking cow. We have been working at it, and he is latching on almost everytime! It is such a relief for me to only pump once or twice a day as opposed to all day.

Maddison and Gabriella are so in love with him. Maddi loves helping with diaper changes and feedings (if it is with a bottle), and Ella loves holding him. It is so cute when they hold him, and he curls up into them and cuddles. It melts my heart. I was so worried about Ella feeling left out or acting out, and she has had her moments, but for the most part she is a wonderful and understanding big sister.

The other day Brayden was sleeping in my bed and while I was doing dishes he woke up and started crying. I told Ella to go sit by him and give him his paci till I could get there. She comes out of the room, and says "It's ok mom, I am carrying him" WHAT? My crazy girl brought him into the living room and put him on the couch. I was in shock, but honestly she did a good job carrying him, I just hope it doesn't become a habit till he is a little bit older.

These 3 weeks have flown by, and having a baby in the house has taken some getting used to. I am so happy to finally have my baby boy, and to have my awesome girls as his 2 big sisters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30