CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kitchen Makeover

My poor neglected kitchen is in desperate need of a makeover.  It is cluttered and messy, and lacks any sense of style.  I need that to change.  I want that to change.  I want my kitchen to be the heart of the home like my grandmother's was.  Her's wasn't fancy by any means, and I wished I had spent more time in there with her.  
The heart of her home is in the far right of the picture.
I need to add some love into my kitchen, organize it for efficent use, and make it the heart of my home.  Be on the look out for my kitchen redo! 

Until then, I leave you with some before pictures.
Please excuse my mess, but it is a DAILY struggle battle chore.

Looking into my kitchen from the dining room area

Looking from the back door and the laundry area

The laundry/back door area

My main counter space cluttered with baby stuff
My pantry space, deep and skinny.  What to do here?????
 
I would love any tips on decortaing and organizing.
Actually I NEED tips on decorating and organizing!!!!!!  Help me please!!

5 comments:

Thomasina said...

I posted about kitchens too! My suggestion is to somehow make more countertop space.

TMWHickman said...

First things first--clean out everything. Take it all out and put it into piles(give away-throw away-keep). Then look at the kitchen again. Take pictures, and decide what you want to change. Maybe a new floor is what you really want. Or maybe you want new cabinets or a new countertop. Decide on that, and the rest of it will fall into place.

Mind you, I still can't decided what color I want to paint my kitchen, and it's been ten years!

Jeff Beesler said...

I'm not a kitchen makeover expert by any means. All I can offer is that if you want it really bad, you'll find a way to make it happen. Good luck on your makeover dreams, and it's a pleasure meeting you from the A-Z Challenge!

Rachel said...

I think a trip to ikea (or browsing on the internet) is definitely in order. They have the best ideas and tools for organizing! Maybe some sort of basket or bin for all the baby stuff you want to keep together but not cluttering the counters. I am a big color person - I would totally paint the cabinets! Since your appliances are white you could do that to break up the space a little bit! Even just the front of them might be fun!

Kristi@living-blessed-life said...

I know you may be limited on what you can do, since it's renting. I'd start with organization. For the pantry I'd try adding some retractable baskets/shelving.
Then make sure that only daily necessities are on your cabinet. The less the better.
And to add some decoration, I'd watch the sales and use the 40% off coupon to hobby lobby. They have the cute metal signs in different types of deco and you can add that to your backsplash to give it a "look" :)

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30