CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Y is for YUCK!!!

I love my kids and all that comes with it, but last night I truly had a major YUCK moment with Brayden. 

He has not been feeling 100% since Tues after he got his 6 month shots.  He has been running a fever off and on (mostly on and very high (up to 102.9))  We have been doing lots of Tylenol, and lots of formula since he hasn't wanted to really eat baby food.

Last night we decided to go eat at Chili's for dinner.  We ordered chips and salsa, margaritas, and dinner.  Brayden was so tired, so I decided to give him the bottle that I had made before we left the house.  He drank about half of it when our food showed up.  I sat him up to burp him, and that's when it came.  The projectile vomit that is!  It was yuck!  It got all over him, me, the diaper bag, and the floor.  I wasn't sure what to do, so I just sat there holding him in the vomit.  Then he did it again.  That was enough, I got up and went to the bathroom with him.  I was really worried that there would be a trail of vomit following us, but lucky for us there wasn't.  The staff was great and had everything cleaned up in a matter of moments.  We boxed our food, paid out and left.  I never had a chance to take a bite of my chicken tacos!
 
We got home bathed, changed, and laid down to relax.  I can honestly say that even with my two girls, that has never happened in a restaurant before!!  I guess there is always a first time for everything. 

Since he hadn't eaten anything since 9 the night before (and all that came back up) he was super hungry early this morning.  I made the mistake of giving him another bottle, which immediately came back up on me and my side of the bed this time. 

I called the doctor, and as of right now, he is on a strict diet of Pedialyte and we are just keeping an eye on him.  He is napping and I can only hope he wakes up feeling better. 

2 comments:

Mindy said...

So sorry for the up-chuck yuck! Probably gave those young waitresses a real life glimpse of being a mom, though. Hope he feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Poor baby! I hope he is feeling well soon. Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog. I am your newest follower.

Vickie
http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30