CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

It's Thursday and for all of my new followers, that means AWKWARD AND AWESOME THURSDAY.  This awesome post was started by Sydney over at the Daybook, and it has become part of my weekly postings for the past few months.  I hope you enjoy and add your own awkwards and awesomes for the past week!

AWKWARD
  • Making a blog button that didn't quite work, posting about it, and having it fail miserably.  I found a new tutorial through my friend Amanda, so I hope the new one works.
  • Having it rain all day Sunday, May 1st, with the temps in the low 40s!  What is that??  It is supposed to be spring!  The rain I understand, but the temps I don't.  I live in Texas, just so you know, and we are normally in the high 80s by April.
  • How quickly my 8 month old can disappear.  He is quick like lightning.  His favorite places are the stairs and the girls bathroom!!  I guess the good thing is the workout I get from chasing him ;)
  • The mass amount of holes in my backyard.  I truly hate that my dogs dig constantly.  I think my Chihuahua could fit in some of the holes!  Any one have any tips on how to make them stop???
  • Maddi falling asleep in the middle of class!!  We switched allergy medicine to one that is clearly not non-drowsy.  We did learn our lesson and she is taking it at night now!
  • Not being able to respond to comments because your email is not linked up with your blog.  I hate wanting to reply and it gives me the no-reply@blogger.  Please link up your emails so I can respond :)
AWESOME
  • Maddi's smile!  She has lost both of her front teeth!  I love her toothless smile.  Apparently so did the tooth fairy, she brought her $5!
  • Having a Biggest Loser contest with my group of friends.  I am really excited to be able to share my triumphs, trials, cheats, progress with some of the best friends.  We all have goals that we want to achieve and we are all supporting each other on our journeys!
  • Coupons!  I am not extreme or anything, but I do enjoy saving money.  Who doesn't??  So $1 here and there, I'll it!
  • I am probably going to start selling jewelry and I am hosting my first party in a few weeks.  I am excited about the possibilities that will come out of this new adventure.  Look at the jewelry at Park Lane, and let me know what you want to order ;)
  • My hubby's new grill!  I am excited for a spring/summer of grilled meat!
What are your awkward and awesomes??

5 comments:

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Yay you have a badge!!!!

I know you're probably talking to me about the blogger/email thing, so how do you link it up??

Here's my email :)) amandah2418@yahoo.com

Thomasina said...

I'm so happy you have a blog button that works! It takes such a long time to create one, but it's worth it in the end. I also understand the frustration of not being able to respond to comments because emails aren't listed. It makes me feel like I'm ignoring my followers.

Shar said...

My son is about to turn 6 months and he disappears A LOT! {he rolls everywhere, thank goodness for play pins!}
Grilled food is the best! :)

Hope you're having a great day!

DP said...

So glad your button works :-) I have a blog button tutorial on my blog as well.

Following you now,
DP

Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

Mindy said...

Awkward- writing an email to our blog club group and getting no responses (I'm ok with that, though)
-not knowing if my email is hooked up properly
-no knowing how to respond to comments left on my blog (any tips?)
Awesome- it hasn't rained in 1 day here in Iowa and we sort of had some nice weather all day today

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30