CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Puffy Paint *Found on Pinterest

I found the coolest puffy paint recipe on pinterest, and thought the girls and I would give it a try!  Here is the original blog post for the puffy paint!

You start with self-rising flour, salt, food coloring, and a little water.
{Or if you are like me and have only all-purpose flour, you can make your own self-rising: 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, mix well}

To make the paint, you take 1 tbsp flour and 1 tbsp salt, mix together, add enough water to make it a paste, and a few drops of food coloring.
I always keep the cardboard from cereal boxes, oatmeal boxes, etc. and in this case, they came in handy.  I cut up the boxes and the girls went to town painting all over them.  


After you have made your picture, you put the cardboard in the microwave for 20-25 seconds.
Before
It was amazing to see how it puffs up after the paint is dried out!!
After
The girls spent a lot of time making some really cool pictures.
We figured out after a few tries with the paint, the bigger the globs of paint, the puffier it gets.

How cool is that?
The girls and I had so much fun painting, that we ended up using all the leftover cardboard that I had.

We will definitely try this again {real soon}!
I hope you have fun trying it out too!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30