CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Taco Soup

I love soup and I love tacos, and so by default I love taco soup.  The recipe I use is so quick, easy and delicious.  I got the recipe from my old boss when we lived in Sherman, and I have tweaked it to my liking.  I hope you enjoy it as well.

Ingredients:

I lb. ground beef (I have used 93/7 and 85/15, so anything will work)
1 can sweet corn (I get no salt added)
1 can ranch style beans
1 can diced tomatoes (I get no salt added)
1 taco seasoning packet (I use low sodium versions)
1 dry ranch dressing packet
1 cup of water (optional)

Start by browning your ground beef and drain off grease.  In a big stockpot combine the rest of the ingredients (with their juices from the can) and start simmering.  Add your ground beef and simmer (stirring occasionally) for around 30 minutes.

Depending on how thick you like your soup, you could leave it as is or you can add in the water to thin it out some.  I like my soup with a "brothy" consistency so I add in the cup of water during the simmering process.

My girls and I like our tacos topped with cheese, so we sprinkle on a little cheese on the top of my soup, but that is up to you.


That is it!!  Quick and easy!

I hope you enjoy this soup as much as we do!!

 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have some new recipes I need to send your way!!!

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30