CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quality Time

I have found it so hard the past few months to spend quality time with my girls.  Brayden has to come first no matter what.  Making breakfast is put on hold till Brayden eats, playtime outside is cancelled if he is napping, and bedtime routines are rushed since he is also tired and ready to for cuddle (boob) time, just to name a few examples.  I really thought I was doing good at balancing everything, but Maddi said something so profound to me that jolted me into reality.  The words, "I wish he had never been born" came out of her mouth the other day, and it wasn't even a situation that called for such language. 

I WAS IN PURE SHOCK!

Did those words really just come out of her mouth??  I couldn't believe it, I was speechless.  Those words caught my attention that she needs more quality time.  She needs me to spend one on one time with her more than I have been.  She needs me to not brush her off with cartoons or playing with Ella, she needs me to play and pretend with her, color and be creative with her, and to make sure she knows without a shadow of doubt that I love her too. 

*I am making a commitment to do something creative with both Maddi and Ella separately this week and to post pictures so you can see what we did.*

What will you do with each one of your kids??

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, Tiffany, you're a good mom, especially since you're making the commitment you're making! I'm sure it's tough, and it won't likely get easier, but you seem to have done awesome so far!

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30