CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

School Update

School update:

Maddi is loving second grade!  She loves her teachers (yes I said teachers).  She has 3 different ones!  She has a teacher for English and reading, one for math and science, and one for social studies.  And that doesn't include the teachers for specials like art, music and PE.  I think it is crazy for the kids to be changing classes in second grade, but it seems to be working really well.  I would like to think it is good for the teachers, so they get a break from having the same kids all day and it probably breaks up the day for the students to change environments and teachers.  She has made several friends (one named Ella and one named Bella :)), and has even said she wants to go to third, fourth and fifth grade here.

Ella is really liking school so far.  Her teacher seems really amazing and has the softest, sweetest voice I think I have ever heard.  I am not sure she would be capable of being mad for any reason at any student.  I really like her, and I have only talked to her for maybe 5 minutes.  In kinder here in Lubbock, they still have a "rest" time, so Ella took a blanket to lay on, a blanket to cover up with, a pillow pet and a stuffed animal to nap with.  I love that idea.  It gives the kids time to rest their mind and recharge, even if they don't sleep.  She is so proud of the work she brings home and I have been enjoying hearing about everything she has made.

We are getting settled into Lubbock and our new routine, and I am so glad that they both love their new school so much.  It makes moving here so much more worth it.  This may have been the best possible move for my family.





I think it is safe to say that we are loving the change in our environment!

1 comments:

Kristi@living-blessed-life said...

I'm so glad, and you can see it in your pictures!!! :)

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30