CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer is almost over

I can't believe the end of summer is this week!  School starts Monday for the girls.  Maddi will be going into 3rd grade and Ella into 1st.

In some ways it went by way too slow, with six (yes 6!) kids under one roof I was ready to throw in the towel most days.  By 6 kids, I mean my three plus Savannah, plus the two kids I was babysitting.  The four oldest were girls (ages 10, 8, 6, and 6) and then two little boys (2 and 3).  My days were spent breaking up fights, consoling Ella (who was always crying and nothing was ever fair), being the bad guy by making the kids play outside, and telling the boys to leave the girls alone.  All those kids plus being huge and pregnant, made for some very long days.


In some ways it went by way too fast.  It feels like yesterday that it was May and the girls were just getting out of school for summer.


I hate the feeling that I didn't do enough with the kids while they were out for the summer.  We didn't go on vacations, we didn't stay up late watching movies and eating popcorn (most days I was ready for the kids to go to bed at 8), we didn't swim as much as I wanted to, we didn't do any cool crafts, we didn't get out of the house to do as many fun things as I wanted to do (Science Spectrum, dollar movies, etc.), and I didn't take very many pictures at all.  The list could truly go on and on.

With the start of school, our busy schedule comes back.  We have 2 birthdays to plan for.  Brayden will be turning 3 next week and Maddi will be 9 at the beginning of September.  Then we will be having a baby some time in September.  Plus both girls are starting fall soccer next month.  I am not sure what else we could fit into our September schedule.

I wanted to post more and update throughout the summer, but all my posts would have been very negative.  It was very hard for me to see the good most days.  Marco was blessed with a new job, Savannah was able to come in for the summer, and I made extra money by babysitting, but honestly, most days I was negative nancy.  I let my frustrations get the best of me, and I did not enjoy the moments that I should have.  I regret that now.  That is time that I will not get back.

Since I was so blah over the summer I think it is best that I figure out what I am looking forward to in the coming months.

Finishing school shopping
Meeting the teachers on Friday
Brayden's birthday party and my baby shower this weekend, which will hopefully include my mom driving in for the week
Getting back on a school schedule
Maddi's birthday and her birthday party
Start of fall soccer for the girls
Hopefully a baby sooner rather than later in September


How was your summer?  Did you do everything you wanted to do?
What are you looking forward to with the start of fall?
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30