CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Moving, The Conclusion

If you missed Part 1, check it out here.
If you missed Part 2, check it out here.

The rest of the week went by in a blur. We took a day off to rest from the trip, and then we started the daunting task of packing. I had a lot of things I did not want to take with me, so while I was packing on Tuesday, I decided to have a moving sale as well. Like I didn't have enough to do already.
We rented a UHaul on Wednesday and began to load up. We hired movers to get all the big stuff out of the house for us while we tried to finish packing, and my mom and dad came over helped us finish loading everything! We were packed full!!
Packed and ready to go


The Uhaul was full, Marco's car that was on a trailer was full, and the Expedition was full with the exception of a spot for two car seats and the drivers seat. The dogs rode with me, and Brayden. Ella and Maddi took turns riding in the UHaul with Marco.

The trip was LONG! It took us over 8 hours to get into town. We pulled in close to 1 AM, did I mention the trip was long?

The best thing that we could have done, was set up a hotel room for us to stay the night in. We unloaded stuff that we would need for the night, and crashed out!

The next morning, we drove to the house to begin unloading everything. It went by fairly quickly because we had lots of help. A guy from the Carino's and 2 of Marco's cousins came to help. It was great having all the extra hands and guys to get out all the big stuff. My job, get everything out of both vehicles, and stay out of the way!

I started unpacking and getting together all the paper work to register the girls for school immediately, and tried my hardest to get us settled in as quickly as I could.

Now that we are settled in, unpacked, and in a school routine, I can say that I love it here. I love the neighborhood, I love being so close to people we know, I love the school and the girls teachers, but most of all the kids LOVE it!! The have adjusted well, and I am so happy because they are so happy. Maddi said she wants to go to 3rd, 4th and 5th grade here. I hope for her sake, we will stay here for more than 1 or 2 years.

Don't get me wrong, I miss where we used to live. I miss being minutes from my family and friends. I miss work. I miss the girls being able to go to my mom's if I am having a hard day with them. I miss having dinner on the weekends at my dads. I miss it! But was this the best move for my family? I would like to think so. I prayed so very hard for God to put us where we needed to be. For him to point us in the direction that would be best for our family. I am 100% positive, at least for now, that we are exactly where we are supposed to be. Plus, there is skype, facebook, texting, phone calls, and even emails that can keep us connected.

Besides the stress of moving and trying to get settled, I am very happy! The kids are very happy! Marco is very happy! We as a family are happy! We have started a new life here in Lubbock, and I am excited to see where we go from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please feel free to leave some :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
HOME     ABOUT ME     CONTACT     PR WELCOME     30 before 30